Like I mentioned before, there is never a dull day in my office... I thought Thursday afternoon's office banter was worth sharing with others:
It was the end of a busy afternoon, and I had just gotten back to my desk from running errands for my boss, Randy, who was sitting at his desk showing Shlomi, one of our crazy Israeli vendors, a video of his 3 year old. Shlomi laughs and says that it doesn't get any better than that age, and he wishes his children were still young. He goes on to say how much trouble his 16 year old and 14 year old can get in. His wife Sara, who I can honestly say is like an officer in the Israeli army, always barking orders to whoever answers the phone when she calls the office, he says, is worse than the CIA or the FBI. He goes on to say how she stalks her children on Facebook and listens in on their phone conversations. Upon hearing this, I start to giggle. Shlomi replies, "K.T. I am serious. Let me tell you what she did last week... She was our son's Facebook page, and his friend sent him a message saying that he had come to the city and smoked hookah. So, when I got home, Sara was on a tirade, screaming 'Did you know our son is smoking hookah?!?'" At this, Randy and I cannot stop laughing and are both getting red in the face. Shlomi laughs himself and then continues with his story; he responds to his wife saying, "What's a hookah? Is it a new drug? How come I have never tried this?" He said that this response frustrates his wife, and Randy adds his two cents saying, "Has Sara caught you smoking weed in the house again?" Shlomi responds "No, I am only allowed to smoke in my car now; she doesn't want the kids to find it." Then, he continues back with his story saying how his wife storms into the child's room demanding to know when and where he smoked hookah. Under Sara's wrath, the poor child said that he wasn't even there and that it was the night she wouldn't let him leave the house. Shlomi goes onto to say that he was laughing behind her back as Sara disciplines their child. But, she does not just stop there; she butts into everyone else's business and calls all of the parents of 16 year olds in their Long Island, Israeli neighborhood and tell them that their children are smoking hookah and need to be punished, causing an uproar in the whole community... Randy and I are laughing hysterically as Shlomi finishes up. Eventually, typical Randy gains his composure and gets back to business saying "That's enough, that's enough. Shlomi I have some shirts you can buy for $4.00 and sell for $4.50, that is $900 for your weed for the month." Shlomi's response "Alright, I will take them." Just another typical day in the office.
No comments:
Post a Comment